We are currently accepting applications for both apprentice and journeyman level electrician positions. Iif you posess some or all of the skills listed below we would like to meet you.
- Performs work required for the repair, maintenance, installation, and modernization of electrical systems for buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency.
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning and repairing motors.
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters, and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Knowledge of security and fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of network wiring, including layout, installation , termination, testing, & troubleshooting.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications: (Note: Any acceptable combination of education, training, and experience that provides the above knowledges, abilities, and skills may be substituted.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical trade.
- Requires initiative and ingenuity to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications and electrical codes.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals.
- Must have a valid Indiana Driver's License.